Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a silly question, but I've forgotten how to do it since its been a while since I've interacted with humans besides my mom. I used to say hi, but I think males arent suppose to say hi. If I'm at the store and going to pay for my stuff do I say hello? If I get a job and there are some young people, do I say whats up or hey? I was thinking to people you dont know you say hi and to people who you do know you say hey or whatsup or heywhatsup?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I know its a silly question, but I've forgotten how to do it since its been a while since I've interacted with humans besides my mom. I used to say hi, but I think males arent suppose to say hi. If I'm at the store and going to pay for my stuff do I say hello? If I get a job and there are some young people, do I say whats up or hey? I was thinking to people you dont know you say hi and to people who you do know you say hey or whatsup or heywhatsup?
I understand that too:yes...just when?...or say...approaching people you don't feel comfortable with..just say "hi..how are you doing"...or "how are you"...yes young, young people may be jerks..or may greet with some hip lingo or phrase...but older/middle aged..people in their mid twenties may be nicer...& another thing..i've gotten a few hi's from guys..so i don't think it matters..unless they're uber-macho type dudes..but i understand..since i have a lot of trouble greeting strangers..i haven't forgotten how to do it..but it's a very uncomfortable feeling in your gut:afr:puke....especially if you think they may be criticizing you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why aren't males supposed to say hi? When you go up to cashiers they will usually ask how you are or if you found everything okay. You just respond appropriately. If they say nothing at all (rare?) then it's perfectly fine to say hello. I wouldn't use what's up at a job but with people you know it's fine.
I think hi is more of a feminine word. Im afraid they might I'm gay or weird.(not that there is anything wrong with being gay) I usually hear guys say hey or whatsup, never hi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts