Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Can't do anything but wait til she's tested. At your age 4 may even be considered on the "low" side this day and age. Prepare yourself, you have a war coming to you. lol.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
Lol
My tv has an std..:(

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Three sexual partners by 20 is very realistic if the girl has been sexually active since 16-17 and had three boyfriends since then.

I have made the case in another thread that female promiscuity is overstated when you look at raw numbers. They did a study on OKCupid back in 2010 and apparently the average female iPhone user had 12.3 sexual partners by 30 (male iPhone user 10), the average female Blackberry user 8.8 by 30 (male Blackberry user: 8) and the average Android user 6.1 by 30 (male Android user 6) *Note that Android wasn't all that popular back then. The study was done around the time the iPhone 4 was released and Android was only starting to become popular at the time. Android is far more popular today. Android at first was mainly a nerd phone. Nerds generally means less promiscuity and likely lots of cases of male virginity bringing down the average! lol.

Even if you look at the iPhone girls, whom you'd expect to be a bunch of ****s, 12.3 sexual partners by 30 is not that much. If a woman started becoming sexually active at 16-17 and she had 12.3 partners by 30, that's about 1 sexual partner per year. And for the Blackberry girls, it's about 1 sexual partner every 1 1/2 years. These figures suggest that girls mainly have sex only with boyfriends. Sure maybe a girl might have had casual sex with a few guys. Or maybe she had a wild year or two. But at the end of the day she averages out 1 guy every 1 - 1 1/2 years. That's not promiscuous at all (IMO anyway).

There are some things to point out though about that study. During Mid-2010, smartphones and mobile data plans were not as popular then as they are now so you have a lot of people not being counted in the numbers. And this study looked at sexual partners by 30. Meaning that everyone in the study was born in 1980 or earlier. Generation Y is completely ignored in this study. Though I don't have any reason to believe that Gen Y girls are "****tier" than Gen X girls. I watched the movie Swingers (1996), which was based on the lifestyles of singles in their mid-late 20s at the time (Gen Xers) and it doesn't look like might has changed really. Except we not only have cellphones but smartphones now, texting has replaced calling and we have online dating and online social networking now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
People DO have STDs if they are having unprotected sex, oral or vaginal. Just because they dont show any symptoms doesnt mean they dont have any STDs. The best way to find out is by getting tested.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
Should be okay if you don't go in there bareback... even so, there's drugs for all STDs now.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Yeah even if you get an STD you can treat it with drugs and most can be cured with drugs. HSV is not cureable but it's basically just a skin problem that won't kill you...the thing that might kill you is the stigma since people love to create a stigma on it...and almost everyone has cold sores in their life. HPV can cause cancer..but that is certain strains...other stuff like HIV yeah I worry about. But other then the only thing that will be bad is HPV or HIV. If you leave other STD's untreated it could cause PID...but I guess your not a women and don't have to worry about that.

Condoms are like 98% effective if you use it correctly and all the time. Or maybe it's 95%? I don't remember...I know not using it correctly can be down to the 80's.

And you can also get STI's from only having like 1 to 2 partners...STI's don't care who you are or how many people you have been with.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Apparently pretty much everyone will contract human papillomavirus at some point in their lives. Just a fun fact.

Wait until your girlfriend gets her test results back and then (hopefully) proceed safely with your mind at ease. :)

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
You can get herpes and HIV without ever having had sex or been kissed. Just a fun fact before you go on some Judgy McJudgerson rampage about people who've had multiple sex partners and how oh-so wrong that is. :roll

Also something you might want to consider before having "bareback sex" with someone who's never had sex before. Let the paranoia commence!

As for syphilis, gonorrhea and other fun STDs, most can be treated/cured, so if she has either/any it can always be treated; you don't have to run away from her throwing anti-bacterial soap all over your body.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
It works the same for men. I don't know why they at first said only women should get it. Cause men get genital warts and oral cancer from HPV too. And even though they can't get cervical cancer, they are spreading the virus around.
I've heard there is no test for it for men. Soo..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts