Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason why I ask this is because a couple a days ago, I was leaving my summer english class and walking out to the parking lot when a girl that I had reconized from the class but never talked to walked across the street and asked if I was in the same class as her's. I said yeah and she preceded to ask me about an upcoming test, what the format was, etc. After a 2 or 3 questions she introduced herself, smiled, and asked me my name. She said she would see me tomorrow and we should maybe we could together and study as we began to part ways.

Is this how a girl would try to strike up a conversation with a guy she thought was cute from having never met him before? What do you guys/girls think?

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Yeah, I'd say she isn't being too subtle about it. At least it would seem that way. I think it would be pretty odd for someone to go out of their way like that if they weren't interested in you in some way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It sounds like she could be just trying to be a good student and get a study buddy, but then again she may be wanting to know you better by studying together.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
There could be an ulterior motive. Haha. But as somebody else mentioned, she could just be trying to get a good study partner (especially if she's noticed how on form you are in class) and wants to become more adept in the topic under study.

But in any case, I find girls to be mostly too confusing and ambiguous and given the walls they put up to keep others out it just makes you feel sometimes like they wouldn't be interested at all when in actual fact they want nothing more than for you to persevere and to see how worthwhile you are if you proceed to break them down.

Just be careful you don't get the wrong idea though, as it's always ever so easy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The fact that she walked across the street makes me think she may have some interest. That or she really needs help in class.

Us females are confusing creatures.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
Us females are confusing creatures.
I second that! It makes it even more confusing for girls like me who sometimes come off as being interested just because I'm always so flustered around anyone. I probably look like I have a nervous crush on everyone I talk to or something.

Anyway, she could like you or maybe she really does just need a study buddy. Either way you could at least start at the beginning and make friends with her. Who knows where it could go! She obviously cares to know you somewhat if she went out of her way to talk to you at all!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
i know i sometimes do this; guys tend to see girls that are nice to them and misinterpret the girl is interested in them; either you get the question 'does she like me'? answered... or just take it as just another person who is just nice. Knowing these nice people and possibly making friends with them doesn't hurt for you to try though.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
The reason why I ask this is because a couple a days ago, I was leaving my summer english class and walking out to the parking lot when a girl that I had reconized from the class but never talked to walked across the street and asked if I was in the same class as her's. I said yeah and she preceded to ask me about an upcoming test, what the format was, etc. After a 2 or 3 questions she introduced herself, smiled, and asked me my name. She said she would see me tomorrow and we should maybe we could together and study as we began to part ways.

Is this how a girl would try to strike up a conversation with a guy she thought was cute from having never met him before? What do you guys/girls think?
She probably likes you, but that doesn't mean she wants to go out with you. If anything, now that you know her, you can talk to her and find out a bit about her.

Something similar happened to me in university. This girl and I were the first to arrive in class, so we talked. We got along very well in those 5 minutes. one day we ran into each other in the library and introduced ourselves. I was quickly infatuated because hardly anyone talks to me, let alone gets along with me, but once I got to know her I knew she totally wasn't my type, so we just ended up being friends and going to lunch every now and then.

so, it's no big deal--and don't do anything too quickly. In fact, I'd let her do everything until you're comfortable initiating stuff yourself.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Well I see you have a couple possibilities. You can either make a friend out of it or you can start out as a friend and move it into a possible relationship if you see signs that she likes you more than a friend in the future.

·
Banned
791 Posts
She may think you're smart and want to get to know you as a study buddy/friend. Some women are very aggressive. I think if she wants more than that she will be very forward about it at some time in the future.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update

So just to update...
After our encounter I saw her a few more times in the library and leaving class. During this time we made small talk and she kept smiling at me whenever I would ask her a question or say something. She would also use my name a lot when talking to her. I suggested the idea of studying together by dividing up the material from the study guide and each of us doing half. She liked the idea and I got her e-mail address and we e-mailed each other our part.

However I've come to conclusion that while this girl must think I'm good-looking shes really just boy crazy and a huge flirt. She has 2,000 friends on facebook and is some sort of social chair for her sorority...so clearly this chick way out of my league. She's not really that good looking anyway (6.5 out of 10, I guess) and I was never really interested in pursing anything. Plus it says on facebook she's in a relationship. It did feel good to noticed though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts