Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the first thought that comes to mind? For me it is how terrible and untrustworthy they are based upon my past experiences. This viewpoint makes me put up a large social block and fear any kind of interaction. I would like ideally like to develop a positive or even neutral view of people but just can't seem to do it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I dunno, I guess first thing that comes to mind is if I think they will be accepting of me. Which is mainly based on if they remind me of
someone I feel safe around/or (now this is kinda bad) If I think they are lower than me socially..that they would be too desperate to reject me if I attempted to talk to them.

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
Strangely, I believe in the good inside of people.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I can honestly say I love everybody; I certainly don't hate people. I love everybody until they prove me wrong, but even if they do I still wouldn't hate them. I'd just avoid them.

I've had too much hate in my early life... I used to be totally misanthropic. Then I realized I didn't have time for that.

·
Registered
654 Posts
In terms of whether they are superior or inferior to me, socially, economically or intellectually. I can't help but compare myself to others and worry about being inadequate compared to them.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i usually view a majority of people as fake, and not trustworthy, i just don't like i business all out in the world, and most people will turn on you...from my previous friendships that has happened.

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
To quote Daniel Plainview:
"I look at people and see nothing worth liking."

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
When I meet anyone, they have my utmost respect unless they do something to lose it. I don't place people in a situation where they need to prove themselves to me in someway to earn my respect because I find that mentality harmful as I am constantly critiquing them on everything they do instead of just taking them for who they are and what they have to offer.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I guess I have a pretty narrow, shallow view of people when my SA goggles are in place. I tend to think they are all mean and nasty and judgmental and out to screw someone over. That's just the SA insecurities talking I guess. Other than that, they are okay, whatever. Basically they are good morally. Some are cooler than others and some nicer to look at and rub against etc.

·
Just chilling
223 Posts
Saints and Arseholes, sometimes it's hard to tell who's who

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
"People = they really need love."
I'm so hopeless, I know, to think that love can make that much of a difference but I can't stop thinking that. That's the first thing I always think and that's what I live by naturally. Weird for someone with social anxiety, huh?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts