Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose there was someone you wanted to get to know. How would you start a conversation with them without being too random or weird?

There is a girl at the gym that I'd like to talk to. I see her there often. I don't really know what to say though. It's not really a crush, just would be nice to get to know her, maybe make a friend. I sort of briefly interracted with her for the first time today. I went to the locker room and her locker happened to be near mine and she was standing there. There was someone's bag lying in front of my locker and I couldn't open it because of the bag being in the way. I thought it was hers, so I asked if she could move it. She said "Oh that's not mine". Turns out it was some other person's. Anyway, it was a nice coinsidence she was there. I never taked to anyone at the gym before.

I think it's a good time for me to start developing my social skills. All my life I tried to avoid talking to strangers aside from on the internet and it made me isolated. Are there any people here who actually try to talk people around them?

·
ThatQuietGirl
3 Posts
I can only talk to strangers if I'm having a "good" day. Like most of the time I won't have the courage/confidence to talk to anyone, but rarely I have this one day where I feel like I can do anything. Like for example there was this girl in my history class that was quiet, like me, so I asked if she wanted to work with me on an assignment. And it actually wasn't awkward or quiet like it usually is when I work with people. But then after my "good" day ended, the next day I went back to being quiet, and not even trying to meet new people, hoping they'd talk to me first. So I can only ever talk to strangers if it's one of those rare days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts