Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or rather, how do you hear him?

I ask because i think i've had an experience, or a couple... I remember going through a rough day and asked him to speak to me and i beleive that I did hear his voice, a clear, unmistakable deep voice. Sometimes i talk to myself in my head, but this voice was different, it wasn't mine, it was a deep voice, and made no errors when he spoke to me. And when i tried to imagine his voice i couldn't. Weird but true. I'm not an avid christian, i really don't have a religion, but faith in God and that Jesus did save, but i don't go to church and don't agree with everything, some christians make God sound so 'suggestive' and apathetic, while others depict him as loving and deeply sympathetic. The voice i heard was very assuring and kind, though he sounded like a giant! I'm serious, and i still can't remember or imagine his voice like i heard that day, i'm pretty sure he does talk through you, i don't think it will be like most movies where the clouds part and a heavenly light shines down.

I'm just confused, i just want some hope that maybe it was :stu

thats it. :b

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
I haven't heard God's voice audibly but I have heard him speak and show me things in my head, kind of like a dream, and of course He uses my circumstances and struggles to show me things too. I think He constantly tries to reveal Himself to us but I bet most of the time we're too wrapped up in our own lives to hear Him. God's voice has been described as that "still small voice". I think those of us with SA might be better able to hear that voice because we are very good at being being still and silent. We make good listeners :) Just my thoughts....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, some of us are good listeners. I sure am not one of them. I am always so busy figuring out what I'm going to say, I don't even hear the other half of the conversation. I can't count the times when someone has asked me about the topic afterwards and I tell them I don't have a clue.

No God talking to me as a voice. With me it's more like a "hand on my shoulder".

·
up an down, here we go!!
355 Posts
Can't say that I have heard him speak like that to me. He usually reveals himself in subtle ways. More the holy spirit working within me. That little voice in my head that helps me make the right choices and not get too discouraged when things don't go my way. After all, it's not about me but about him.

·
Registered
540 Posts
that was a neat example Scrub Ducky...I always like a true story with a happy ending...like Sprinter I hesitate to say God talks to me, cause of the implications of mental stability...but there were a number of times I felt He told me things...mostly for reasurrance...sometimes for direction...
I think I could hear Him everyday, if I would spend time listening...Jesus said "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." I think He means we have a choice in hearing Him or not...
How does his voice sound to me...since it is not audible... it really doesn't have loudness or softness to it...more an imflection of personality...He is always gentle...even when He is sort of reproving me...the voice carries a lot of authority...but not in a mean way....just like you can trust it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your responses, i don't tell people that i communicate with him either, i think that too, that people will think i have some problems if i tell them. I just do it when i feel the need to communicate strongly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts