Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How do you sleep at night?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I like to sleep either on my stomach (freefaller) or the foetus position.

Foetus
Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

Log
Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible.

Yearner
People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it.

Soldier
Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved. They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards.

Freefall
Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations.

Starfish
Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the centre of attention.

·
MBTI: INFJ Enneagram:4w5
2,192 Posts
All of the above. Not kidding. My husband and I have taken to sleeping separately because we can't get a good night's sleep together because we're both like that, changing positions throughout the night.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
I tend to roll like a log onto all four sides about every 15 minutes making a complete rotation every hour till I fall asleep.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Eh, none of those. I sleep in, I guess, a running man position (one leg bent over the other outstretched one) while laying halfway on my side/stomach, with one arm always underneath the pillow, the other either in between my legs or resting on top.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I sleep in a funny way I sleep on my front like the fetus but with my arms like the log or I sleep on my back with my hands on my chest (like a dead person)

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
I can only fall asleep in the fetus position.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts