Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious of how some of you explain or try to explain what's happening when someone asks what's wrong with you. Sometimes I find myself tensing up of why I didn't do something that I know I can do. Especially when it comes to my dad, he always asks me what's wrong with me and how come I can't "do right". I just don't say anything.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
"Absolutely nothing, now go away"

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I usually just say nothing...but I guess it depends on how they say it and what they mean...

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Your face :b (jk). Just smile, think of how awesome you are, and say "nothing, nothing at all :teeth"

That's an ignorant question anyway (unless it's being asked out of genuine concern, not petty belittlement)

·
electric
6,777 Posts
Maybe when he wants an answer he can ask a real question instead of taking his frustration out on you. I'm sorry if he causes you hurt. It is hard enough for most of us to be patient and understanding with ourselves without that kind of "help".

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
"Do you really want to know what's wrong with me? I'll tell you why...it's because I haven't taken a dump in 3 weeks, my girlfriend is cheating on me with a B.O.B., and I there's a ghost that's been following saying he wants to finger my prostate.."

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Usually if if someone asks me this out of the blue and I feel that I'm kind of out of it, like say at a social event, if I'm sticking to myself and someone asks me, I might just say "I'm not feeling too well, thinking i'm coming down with something" (haha common but good excuse).

If it's someone I kind of know, then I say nothing, what are you talking about.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.