Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or I guess the better question social skill goals? I've been trying to make goals to accomplish in hopes of overcoming my S.A such as make eye contact no matter how hard it is and think before you say things but whenever I'm actually socializing with someone I either A. Get so anxious I forget all my goals or B. Remember my goals but in the event get a negative attitude like "**** this, I don't need to make eye contact or I'll do it another day." I come off really rude to people because of my impaired social skills :/ it's not like I don't know what to do it's just I can never do it

·
Registered
235 Posts
Practice and time Is the only answer i've found. Lately I am trying to work on eye contact and giving complements (offhand .. and without sounding like Uncle Creepy). But sometimes the SA pushes me out of the drivers seat and over the cliff we go and all I can do is watch. Overpowering that powerless feeling would be a huge step towards getting well if it could be done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Practice and time Is the only answer i've found. Lately I am trying to work on eye contact and giving complements (offhand .. and without sounding like Uncle Creepy). But sometimes the SA pushes me out of the drivers seat and over the cliff we go and all I can do is watch. Overpowering that powerless feeling would be a huge step towards getting well if it could be done.
I know right

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.