Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are facing the scenario which usually makes you nervous, do you have any techniques you use to calm yourself down?

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
I don't. Why should I be calm? Why should I try to conceal excitement?
I don't know what you're talking about, but one might assume you'd want to calm down to avoid having a panic attack or to stop from hyperventilating or whatever else.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about, but one might assume you'd want to calm down to avoid having a panic attack or to stop from hyperventilating or whatever else.
I know that's what someone might assume, but what I want to get at is that having a panic attack or hyperventilating is not the only possible outcome and I find it much easier to turn anxiety into a positive feeling of excitement than actually calming down.

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
To tell you the truth..I just remember something funny in my past and just Laugh till I forget all about the anxiety.
Hope i can help :):)

·
Banned
347 Posts
I say something rational, very slowly to myself that fits the situation and then I start singing something in my head. It's very important to note that you are not going to feel like doing this, but it always pays dividends. This way, the next time you're in the same spot, it will feel easier and lighter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts