Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
e.g. if someone's verbal communication and nonverbal communication don't agree, how do you come to this conclusion?

·
Registered
5 Posts
almost always i read someone by their body language and non verbal communication, as you give away far more than you mean to this way. if you talk its a more structured medium, and therefore edited. (body language can only do this up to a certain point)

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
e.g. if someone's verbal communication and nonverbal communication don't agree, how do you come to this conclusion?
I'm not that good at non verbal stuff. If people want to communicate with me, they generally need to be pretty direct and specific. For example, if someone winks at me when they say something, 99% chance I'll totally miss it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't know, I am still trying to figure that one out. I usually notice body language but then I usually tell myself I am paranoid or too suspicious of people. I wish I trusted myself more though; the worst feeling is when you don't go with your gut and then it turns out you weren't completely wrong.

(This sounds funny but I wish more people would prove me wrong -- who wants to be right about crappy things?)

Have you ever heard of microexpressions? I've read psychology articles about how sometimes you might get a really strong feeling not to, for example, buy a car from some guy, and you might not know why you feel that way. But maybe he is trying to sell you a piece of crap and he had a smug expression for a second. A microexpression is a fleeting expression on another person that you aren't even consciously aware of. In the book Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, he talks about that kind of thing.

Maybe you already heard of that stuff... anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there because I find it interesting.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Sometimes I throw poop at them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts