Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got serious problems with replying to messages on the net soon after I get into conversation. I usually run away and come back hours later to reply because anxiety blocks me from thinking. Plus I know I would burn out the conversation and the topic could turn to what I do for fun ect which triggers of anticipation anxiety. Who here knows how to carry on a conversation with a total stranger on the net in more or less an appropriate time (ie, replying in less than a minute or two after they say something, not 5 or 6 hours later).

·
Kitten lover
53 Posts
I dunno lol. I would never talk to strangers on the net.

If the person you're talking to doesn't know who you are and where you live, then maybe just say stupid stuff to get your confidence up. Maybe practice trolling LOL. Trolling is very good for developing a sense of IDGAF

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,964 Posts
I think for me it's easiest to just type without letting my brain in on anything, so that way I don't worry about what I'm saying. Otherwise yeah, I've been known to let conversations completely die over days to the point where you can't even reply ever again lol

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I just let them know that I'm not great at conversation, and then just answer questions that they ask me or ask them questions. It's easier if you can find a topic that you can both discuss. I prefer it once I've gotten to know someone a bit and we can have a proper conversation rather than just making awkward small talk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts