Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
146,605 Posts
checking out SAS, watching television, working on the computer, or sleeping <- which is what I have been doing a lot of lately.

· You can do this!
4,492 Posts
If I'm depressed:

sleep, eat lots of junk food, sleep some more, daydream, have imaginary conversations (yes it's sad), write horrible poetry, watch tv.

If I'm in a mixed state (depressed + hypomanic):

pace around the apartment, go between one activity and the next unable to complete it, binge eat once again, self-medicate, buy things online that I don't need, cut myself.

Relatively healthy things I can do:

Write on the computer, listen to music, play video games, call a friend/parent and talk about my crappy life (they're getting tired of this however), meditate, do yoga, exercise, read a Harry Potter book, research speech, language, and psychology subjects, use nervous energy to clean the apartment.

Let's try and think of a list of healthy things that we CAN do, even if we don't always end up doing them. And be kind to yourself in the meantime, always. :)

· Registered
29 Posts
I drink or do other drugs, sleep, watch tv, go on the internet...

· Registered
1,903 Posts
Don't sleep at all (the time before sleep gives me too much time to think). Eat a LOT. Cry, if I can't help it. Yell at family. Hug my dog. Watch funny movies. Do whatever I can to forget about it -- probably not the healthiest thing in the world, but oh well.

xoxo
Maggi

· Registered
265 Posts
I go on here and other sites. I also listen to music at a high volume. Sometimes if I'm angry/depressed enough, I go onto Knights of the Old Republic and take my anger out on the characters (the few times I've actually done the dark side path).

· Registered
972 Posts
Lay on my pefect couch, watch TV, change the channel if I can reach the remote, eat tons of junk food, then beat myself up for eating so much, get upset with weight gain, eat more because I'm upset.
If I'm an "Angry" depressed........I wait in lair, on my couch for my sister to make a wrong move........

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.