Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
You know... you could ask a million girls and get completely different answers every time.
It depends on the girl and the 'type of relationship' she is looking for.

You shouldn't have to change your own characteristics and personality traits to keep a girl interested in you.
One thing that a relationship expert would recommend would be to be unpredictable and try new things from time to time. Keep her on her feet.
Not all girls like that though.

I don't even know if I can answer this question because I have not really dated around. I dated one person for 8 years.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
this is my greatest fear of having anything to do with anyone. I never do anything really interesting so how long could something last before they say "I'm tired of you, you never do anything cool".

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
this is my greatest fear of having anything to do with anyone. I never do anything really interesting so how long could something last before they say "I'm tired of you, you never do anything cool".
I totally feel you there man. I'm just a boring guy. No if's, and's, or but's about it. My comfort zone is very limited in many respects, and I don't like to wander outside it much at all. There are a few quirky exceptions, but they're just not the types of things many girls are going to care about or want to do (mainly because they're never social in nature).

I'll probably catch hell for this, but I'll say it anyway: from a naturalistic viewpoint, I think it boils down to risk-taking. Those of us (men) who are extremely averse to risk are probably going to have a much tougher time attracting a mate than those who are at the other end of the spectrum. So I suppose if the mate thing is really important to us, we need to work on expanding our horizons and manning up. I have my own ideas about how realistic the prospects of doing so are, but that's another issue entirely.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Everyone is boring, girls included, the idea is to be funny, have goals, and be dependable. Just saying, dont expect to have a wicked exciting life. What you do in life doesnt matter, what matters is that you can be there and know were your going in life. (For longterm)

For short term stuff, still doesnt matter, just forget having goals and replace that with a nice feature, and I've found most people on SAS are pretty hot because were damn conscious about it.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I wish I knew. I'm terrified of being tossed aside because they get bored with me. :[

·
SAS Member
31,297 Posts
Sometimes two minds are better than one. You two can think of some fun things to do together if it does become one of those boring days. This is when you're already in a relationship, btw. Probably not the best idea if it's a first date.

·
Existing in Non-Existance
778 Posts
Everyone is boring, girls included, the idea is to be funny, have goals, and be dependable. Just saying, dont expect to have a wicked exciting life. What you do in life doesnt matter, what matters is that you can be there and know were your going in life. (For longterm)

For short term stuff, still doesnt matter, just forget having goals and replace that with a nice feature, and I've found most people on SAS are pretty hot because were damn conscious about it.
Yeah, well, I find most of the boring women expect the men to alleviate the boredom in their lives. That's just been my experience. Doesn't mean all, but I find it's that way with a lot of 'em. Most will kick the boring guys to the curb.

·
spider from mars
148 Posts
Yeah, well, I find most of the boring women expect the men to alleviate the boredom in their lives.
I think a lot of women are sort of taught to expect that :). Little girls are often bombarded with the fairy-tale message that one day her prince will come and sweep her off her feet, and then she'll live happily ever after. It can take a lot of thinking to get rid of such a popular expectation.

But I think the key is to not think of yourself as boring. You must do something with your time, even if it's just mucking about on the internet. Some girls do that too! Look, something you have in common already! Do you have opinions about things? I'm going to guess you do. Share them! And don't worry too much that you aren't Mr. Debonair H. Adventure. Not every girl is looking for a Bond. :)

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
How do you not be BORING?
You hang out with people who share your interests. If you don't have any hobbies, then, like others have suggested, find one. Surely there's something you enjoy? Keep trying until you find something.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Being boring is speculative.

I remember i spent an unfortunate evening once with these two girls who waffled on the entire evening about some of the most mundane, dull, pointless and worthless conversation that ive ever heard. Yet, they had the cheek to call me out at the end of the night for being boring because i was being quiet. Go figure.

·
Super Meditator
3,575 Posts
ach, who decides whos boring? No matter how interestin ya are, theres always someone who will think yer boring.
And no matter how boring you think you are, theres always someone who'll find ya interestin.

There isnt even a tiny doubt aboot that. Ok, finding the right mac for your cheese might take time, but everyone has their match. The trouble is that people take that too literally.
There are thousands of people oot there who could be right for you.

Its all aboot meeting ONE, just one of them and making it work.
The idea that theres only one is all very well and good in the movies, but what happens if he/she gets hooked on sodoku?

Aye! Ecactly! there a re plenty of good matches fer everyone oot there. The hard part is meetin one of them and makin it work. (if ya can wear yer clown-jammies in front of them then you know yer sorted)

·
Super Meditator
3,575 Posts
^^ thats a boring post Dub! I think irony just bit ya in the ***!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.