Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...when you are not a student and have no job? I will be transferring to another college next semester, but it'll be a 1 hour commute each way, and I'm not sure there'll be people living in my town.

·
Jedi Consular
63 Posts
Get a credit card ha!

I had a credit card since 19. Now I have 4 or 5 of them. Really helps to get what I want for now. I never max out on them though, so they raise the spending limit every year :D.

As far as meeting friends, have you tried meetup.com? Any interest group helps. Join a church, an organization, for a start chat online w/ other fellow people here. Msg them on their profiles, talk about SA, anything once the relationship builds up. Make a goal and try to meet classmate(s).

I lived in a medium-size town before, seemed small in some communities. I didn't like the roommate I had who befriended me. I made a few friends at the college. It's a start. I think online friends are great!

·
Registered
290 Posts
i'm trying to meet more people and i actually did meet others who were also looking for friends but it's not that easy. the meetings went really well and it seemed like we had fun but normal friendships develop over an extended period of time usually by hanging out at the same place. so in the end these people i'm meeting are still strangers and it would take a lot of motivation from both sides to establish something.
hmmm well you can still meet people in classes and hang out after class or people in your new town somehow..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts