Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
There must be something you could talk about with them, even if it involves their own depressed view of things you could try to cheer them up.

·
whats up?~
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did, it wasnt working. with most of his problems, i have no idea how to help him. he needs pills he says, but he cant get them because he cant afford a psychiatrist.

we have made conversation in the best, but it was usually about his dog or photography or the woods or these foxes i have taken photos of, or work.

but i cant think of what else to ask, and i want to try to talk about something more interesting now, that and i dont have much to say in anything else.

·
Done with everyone
1,039 Posts
Ask if he wants to hang out with you. When I was in severe depression, being around people who cared about me helped lift my mood.

·
whats up?~
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately he lives in connecticut. i live in long island. we live near a boat that transports between the two, but its 25$.

He can't afford it I guess, one of his problems was he has to pay a bunch of bills and he has almost no money in his bank.

I offered that i could go over, but he didn't say anything about, i want to try to offer again, but not now, I don't want to come off pushy.

I responded saying something like " alright :/ i hope you'll be able to visit soon or i visit you or something"

and he said "me too:/" not really commenting on my offer for me to come over.

so yeah, I want to try one more time...but later...I want to try to figure out what a good time to ask would be...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It would be ideal if you could hang out, at least then you could have movies on or something and then that helps alleviate some of the awkward silences when you have another form of entertainment going on.

I don't know try to ferret out his interests, find out if he is into a certain type of book or TV show? Thats usually what the home bodies I know are into... I never have much to talk about, to be honest because I am more of a passive person who just listens to people rather than do much. I'm trying to change that be more of a doer than a watcher but oh well..

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
I would treat them like normal people.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Offer to hang out. If he doesn't seem to like the idea of hanging out, you should move on to someone else, unless this is a really special person you have a great connection with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts