Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... when you say that you're going out with a girl and your own father starts skipping on one foot, at the news ... you know that you're a loser.

The date didn't materialize though. However I'm still a bit wiplashed by how excited my parents were at the prospect. They were practically getting on like I won the Olympics or sumting :D

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Your parents were probably more nervous than anything. I remember this one time when this dude asked me out and I told my family about it and they were really mean about it. I don't think they meant to be but I took it too seriously because they were sort of talking down to me and saying stuff like "ohhhhhh, she's got a boyfriend..........finally".... It's like oh yeah, you've been with the same guy your whole damn life, like your any more expierenced than I am. I don't tell my family anything about my personal life anymore.

·
Registered
492 Posts
that does suck guys, but when ever anything parent related comes up in this forum, I can't help but bring the perspective to your attention, that my mother couldn't care less whats going on in my life. I've spent many girlless years, and then finally got a girlfriend she didn't blink an eye, and haven't yet, she hates my girlfriend. but like you all my parents suck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts