Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
banana enthusiast
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the biggest thing preventing me from attempting to overcome SA. In periods when I don't have deadlines looming or other stresses, I'm much more likely to resolve to do something about SA, even if they're just small things. But when I'm stressed, which is the usual case, all I care about is surviving the situation, and anything I do to try to handle the stress better mentally seems like a distraction that I can't afford.

So how do you get yourself to take positive steps even while you're dealing with stress?

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
Seriously though, it's normal not to focus on getting better when you are under stress. You need all your ressources to deal with the situation.

The only thing I can think of is rearranging your life in a way that the stress will be reduced maybe not immediately but in the medium and long term? Where's the stress coming from?

·
banana enthusiast
7,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe we are the last two people on earth? :lol
Reminds me of one of my fantasies. :teeth

Seriously though, it's normal not to focus on getting better when you are under stress. You need all your ressources to deal with the situation.

The only thing I can think of is rearranging your life in a way that the stress will be reduced maybe not immediately but in the medium and long term? Where's the stress coming from?
Work, mostly. It seems like after I meet one deadline, another one comes up really quickly, and I don't seem to get a break. I could probably reduce some of that stress by wasting less time, but I waste time because the stuff I have to do makes me nervous. So it's a vicious circle.

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
Work, mostly. It seems like after I meet one deadline, another one comes up really quickly, and I don't seem to get a break. I could probably reduce some of that stress by wasting less time, but I waste time because the stuff I have to do makes me nervous. So it's a vicious circle.
There are levels of stress that you can't really make better. If it is constantly too much work you can try and work on your time management skills. Take charge and make room for relaxation. There are probably some good books on time management.

Having said that I do exactly the same. I procrastinate because I am anxious and then I am really anxious because I have to make the deadline.

Reminds me of one of my fantasies. :teeth
I'll think about it :b

1 - 7 of 7 Posts