Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have two groups to work with this semester. One is great. I get along with all of them, we all do the work and collaborate well (we're all in the same major).

then there's my other group that is a complete clusterf***. Every time we meet we have almost nothing to talk about because noone does any work outside of class. Ill try to start a discussion, but since noone knows anything or bothers to read up, noone can carry the conversation more.

I've tried delegating work, and noone does it. I just did everything that we planned on doing through this week because i knew noone would do it.

Why cant people just do the damn work? they have to make the my life harder because im stuck with working with these nincumf****. we're all in the same boat. do they think I want to do all the work? inconsiderate, self-centered pricks.

Im horrible with confrontation and im horrible at being a "leader", so how do i get leverage on them to actually do work?...i dunno. I've seen other people try to be leaders and press on people to do work by saying stuff like "c'mon guys, you need crack down and do work" and then their teamates talk complete trash about them behind their backs.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I hate group work. I either feel like I'm holding everyone else back or that they are holding me back. I'm in a group now where everyone wants to wait to the last minute. The professor gives us time to work on the project at the end of class, but my fellow group members just leave. It has been about four weeks and we have accomplished little.

I work better on my own. I don't get distracted by the group setting and can work at my own pace. I also need time to adjust to the work and figure out what is expected. for some reason, I have a hard time doing that when in a group.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't do groups. If I am forced to then I just start doing whatever the assignment is on my own. I guess I have been lucky with very few group projects.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Yeah, this would be the point in the group when I'd just go and do the whole project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts