Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I broke up a few days ago. I've been spending most of my time at home, by myself, sleeping. I'm not close with my family so it's pretty much just me.

Is there anything I can do to take my mind off him? I can't go places by myself because the gas money would eat up my savings. So I'm pretty much stuck at home. Has anyone been through this, and what did you do?

·
Registered
643 Posts
do anything and everything to keep your mind distracted from the situation. The more you think about it the worse you'll feel. Before you know you'll be over it. I wouldn't just lay in bed though that makes your mind wonder into bad places when your down.

·
Registered
374 Posts
.pay attention to how each day its just a little less painful...spend time with other people!! take the alone time you need of course, but try to have other people arround, so you don't just dwell on your sad thoughts as much..

·
Registered
575 Posts
I bake, it makes me feel useful distracts me for a while,
and people love eating home baked stuff.

Not a permanent solution but maybe something to distract you for one day. Sleeping a lot immediately after a break up I think is healthy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.