Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you automatically assume it's you? I don't know why I need closure so bad...like I can think of 10+ reasons why this guy and I wouldn't work out, but I still just want for closure's sake to know really why....

I know sometimes there's no reason why people like someone else, they just don't. Many people have told me I should move on and I can do better. And it's true, I can't pinpoint why I like him either, I just simply do.

And I don't even know if I can call it rejection since I never really asked him out.

·
Well Fed Troll
309 Posts
I don't take it to personality. But to be honest, I have never really BEEN rejected <_< I get a long with everyone easily and I always find new friends I make at work following me around wanting to hang out. The only PROBLEM I have is MAKING new friends XD Ironic isn't it?

But I'm sure if I tried the bar scene or club scene where its all Animalistic and just a big "Find a mate" challenge. .then yeah. I'd be rejected lots LOL and honestly wouldn't care. It's all shallow garbage anyway.

Go ask him. If that's what you want. There's no sense hating yourself - You need to TRY and you'll be surprised how far you can go

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well technically if you get along super well with everyone, do you really have social anxiety?

Those things I don't care about, i.e. bar scene etc. I'm sure if I go, yeah there might be guys hitting on me, but obviously that's lame. It hurts when it's someone you like. Random people not important.

·
Well Fed Troll
309 Posts
Well technically if you get along super well with everyone, do you really have social anxiety?

Those things I don't care about, i.e. bar scene etc. I'm sure if I go, yeah there might be guys hitting on me, but obviously that's lame. It hurts when it's someone you like. Random people not important.
Hard to believe isn't it? Hard th believe that, that 'half decent normal looking guy' with a few friends has to invest hours of effort to lug himself outta bed each morning and into public 'appearing' everything is okay. Just becuase I've managed to fight off a ton of my anxiety issues, doesn't mean they still aren't there. And doesn't mean there still isn't more work to be done ;)

If you think you're so much alike, give it a try? And DON'T over think. This is the ONE THING that has helped me so much. To stop thinking, and just DO. The more you think, the harder, and faster you fail. Just do it - You'll be surprised what'll happen.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think ti's a success in itself that you can get along so well with everyone. I have a LOT of issues with people who are arrogant and know-it-alls, makes me wanna wring their necks (not figuratively).

It's not so much we have so much in common, I'm just really attracted to him, and I really like being around him. And he did throw me some signals before, but then I think he lost interest. It just bugs me because I have no idea what went wrong, except a bunch of million of things.

·
Well Fed Troll
309 Posts
Well I think ti's a success in itself that you can get along so well with everyone. I have a LOT of issues with people who are arrogant and know-it-alls, makes me wanna wring their necks (not figuratively).

It's not so much we have so much in common, I'm just really attracted to him, and I really like being around him. And he did throw me some signals before, but then I think he lost interest. It just bugs me because I have no idea what went wrong, except a bunch of million of things.
Probably the fact that you "looked down. . and pretended he wasn't there" when he looked at you. . .In a way, you rejected him.

- So get back to him and do it right this time. It's hard - but again. Do what I did - DONT think. Just do it. Swallow hard and just WALK up to him and do it. You'll be surprised what you can do when you turn off your brain =P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.