Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just prescribed 1mg clonazepam twice a day by my doctor. I was prescribed this over a year ago but I have pretty much no tolerance I guess. At first I was on xanax 0.5 PRN for a few weeks and now I'm taking 1mg klonopin twice a day.

I have a question though. I'm of course not wanting to get high on my medication, but do you "feel" when your medication kicks in? I can say that it lasts a long time and I haven't had any panic or anxiety episodes since I started taking it a week ago, but I don't feel that wave of relief that xanax provides (which I didn't like because it makes it way to habit-forming).

Now, I take my 1mg twice a day, and I never feel much sedation or that loose feeling like I did on 1mg xanax for example, but instead I just don't get the anxiety in the first place. It seems that for me the klonopin is preventative for my panic and anxiety rather than acting as a med that leaves me feeling sedated and such, thus relieving anxiety. The first half tablet (0.5mg) klonopin I took last Monday, an hour later I felt sleepy, good, and my muscles were so relaxed and I went and took a great nap. Now, I'm taking 4 times that amount in a day and experience nothing of the sort, but I almost don't want to.

My point is that even though I still have basically no tolerance, I feel nothing when I take a 1mg clonazepam, other than the fact that my anxiety doesn't surface as usual.

My question: What do you feel or how do you feel after your klonopin dose(s) every day? Is my experience pretty normal?

Thanks a lot, all replied are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
260 Posts
2mg per day is quite a lot (in my eyes)
i am prescripted 0.5mg per day, and it does nothing visible too, when going somewhere i need 1mg
i am also trying to take it as late as possible, morning is ok but 6pm iam getting uncomfortable RLS, well rebound effect in other words

cannot perceive half of my dose, and don't feel much at normal dose either, only when starting talking too much or yawning

TL;DR
feel similar, with xanax u know when it kicks, with klonopin it takes 2-3 hours to peak effect and barely perceivable

1 - 2 of 2 Posts