Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't lost my virginity yet. But if I do, How do you come to terms and accept the fact that you aren't a kid anymore?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Losing my virginity wasn't really a distict moment for me in terms of losing innocence/growing up etc. Honestly I felt no different.

Edit: I was 19 though and it was with someone special.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Do you want it back?
Not at all. If I could I would take back some sexual encounters with sleazy guys when I was younger, that I felt pressured into. But this was different. I think if it's with someone you care about (and who cares about you) then you should be ok. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

·
Banned
5,393 Posts
I haven't lost my virginity yet. But if I do, How do you come to terms and accept the fact that you aren't a kid anymore?
Say wha?! Even some teenage kids have sex all the time..14 and 15 years olds. Sex is not a step towards adulthood. What gave you that idea?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not at all. If I could I would take back some sexual encounters with sleazy guys when I was younger, that I felt pressured into. But this was different. I think if it's with someone you care about (and who cares about you) then you should be ok. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
I'm 16

Say wha?! Even some teenage kids have sex all the time..14 and 15 years olds. Sex is not a step towards adulthood. What gave you that idea?
That why part of me doesn't want it, It just doesn't seem right for a kid to have sex. My parents still refer to me as a child, That may be why I think like that. I want to do it but it doesn't feel right.

Not until I prove to myself that I'm a man:

1. I must get a nice job
2. I have to increase my IQ to at least 120
3. I need to kick someone's ***, Who's stronger, Faster, and smarter than me.

Until I accomplish these I don't think I'm worthy of losing my virginity, Being a man, or being human.

·
Banned
5,393 Posts
That why part of me doesn't want it, It just doesn't seem right for a kid to have sex. My parents still refer to me as a child, That may be why I think like that. I want to do it but it doesn't feel right.

Not until I prove to myself that I'm a man:

1. I must get a nice job
3. I need to kick someone's ***, Who's stronger, Faster, and smarter than me.

Until I accomplish these I don't think I'm worthy of losing my virginity, Being a man, or being human.
Nah, even if you accomplish step 2 and 3, you'd most likely just be seen as a child who did those things. No offence but that doesn't really seem like a mature or wise outlook. Maturity and wisdom define adulthood more than that kind of stuff, or sex.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Yeah sex doesn't equal adulthood. Anything else can equal adulthood.

I was basically the same person with new experiences. But then you grow up and learn from stuff.

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
Simply because you have sex doesn't mean you're not a kid anymore or have lost your innocence.

Would you say a 15 y/o who had sex is a grow adult? He/She had sex, but can't even buy a condom...
As for innocence, well, what is that anyways? You can still be sweet, gullible or naive after having sex (assuming that's what innocence means to you). Sex doesn't pervert or ruin you. Although if you had the physical desire to have sex, you had, following your logic, already lost your innocence.

Having/Not having had sex doesn't define a person or change who they are unless the individual lets it.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
^Said so well, as usual.

Personally, I consider the difference between being a kid and an adult as more than just destroying a hymen. I think having sex has nothing to do with maturity, and people often mistake it as that.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
Haha that's nothing, I'm trying to artificially increase my iq to 200+.

I don't think doing it changes you into an adult that's done by neuroplasticity, losing it is meaningless as it is part of your body and the only part of your body that has meaning is the brain, from the brain stems knowledge which in our superficial world of nothing is the only non superficial thing.

·
Shoe Czar
198 Posts
Technically, the completion of puberty signifies the passage into physical adulthood. The actual act of sex means nothing. Nor can it instantaneously spark a metamorphosis into mental/emotional maturity.

It sounds like this might be something that you've put a decent amount of thought into. If the idea of losing your virginity worries you, then you might not be ready for sex. But that's totally OK! It shows that you're putting effort into making responsible decisions that could heavily impact your life, and I'm sure most people would say that is a key trait of being a "real" adult.

·
Noona
3,492 Posts
You're an adult when you pay bills and work. Plenty of immature teens have sex, doesn't make them grown folks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha that's nothing, I'm trying to artificially increase my iq to 200+.

I don't think doing it changes you into an adult that's done by neuroplasticity, losing it is meaningless as it is part of your body and the only part of your body that has meaning is the brain, from the brain stems knowledge which in our superficial world of nothing is the only non superficial thing.
Same here, I assume that you're increasing your IQ for advanced social skills like me? Do you use image streaming?

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I guess I'd feel like an "adult" because I'd have more on my plate when it comes to health. Pap smears, shots and tests, checks for UTIs, birth control. There's no way I'm having a sex life without amped up hygiene and vigilant monitoring, which is a whole lot of extra work that's not worth it to me. It's one of the main reasons I'm glad to be a virgin.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sex doesn't make a person an adult. As scary as it is, I know some 13 year old's who have had sex. Would you call a little 13 year old kid an adult?

Plus that would mean I am not an adult at 26...

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
You don't necessarily have to have lost your virginity to be considered an adult, nor be an adult after you lose your virginity.

I am 30. I am a virgin. I make adult decisions, and have to live life as an adult. I am hardly a kid.

Just remember that if you're being pressured into it, it's best to wait until you're ready.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts