Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unintentionally I just dumped on someone in PM, now I wished I wouldnt have done that......I've done it in the real world occassionally sometimes too. I just don't talk to people for a long time and then I dump on the first person who contacts me. Lots of times I end up sharing stuff that I realize later would have best been kept private. Ugh! I know that dumpee feeling. I don't like being dumped on much at all, unless theres a real problem and its just on rare occasions.
How do you all curb the habit?

·
Banned
168 Posts
Yeah it's embarrassing when that happens. But it does happen, we're only human.

Maybe the next time you feel the urge to 'dump', write it out and then wait a day or so to send it. You may feel differently after some time has passed. It's easy to get carried away in the moment. Other than that, there's not much you can do, other than learn from it, forgive yourself, and move on. :?

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,918 Posts
I'm confused by what you mean by 'dumped.' Do you mean dumped a whole bunch of personal issues on them?

I have been on both sides of this, if so. It's all good, though, because I'm such good friends with this person that she doesn't care. I know a whole bunch of personal stuff about her, too, that she felt comfortable enough to share with me, and she doesn't judge me for my anxiety or my personal issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah I agree with the post above. I tend to feel a little guilty when I open up about stuff. Why should we? It's much better to let people know how you really feel than to spend all of your time and energy on convincing people you're perfect. You know what's weird? Sometimes I need to see people's weaknesses to truly like them. I find people that try to portray an image of perfection unappealing and boring--they also try to one-up you in everything. Know anyone like this? They're probably incredibly jealous of you. That's why I hardly have any friends--it's a secret competition to them--this same scenario has played out over and over again in my life...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.