Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Anhedonic
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a teacher tells you to group up for an assignment or project, how do you cope with the feeling of crap that comes with being left out or having no one to group with and getting stuck with people who you don't like/dont know?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fake it till you make it!

If you are knowledgeable then maybe try to take a lead (Hard I know) that might help you structure discussions etc so you feel more in control and you get to ask other people to questions on the task which is easier than having to answer a question, slightly counter intuitive but it could work.

I wouldnt worry which group too much (If you dont know them they don't know you so you can reinvent yourself even if your acting!), I've been put into groups before and somehow despite being quiet (and going bright red with anxiety rash) I had to manage a group of 5 to sometimes 30 as well as give the final speech, there were 100 people in the room and my voice was shaking!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ALWAYS insist to do it by myself. I'll only work with someone if I know them really we'll and we are friends. But if the teacher tells us to find a partner my anxiety goes crazy. I just sit there until everyone has a partner and go to the teacher and say I don't got a partner. Then make it up to the teacher to find me a partner or work alone. Mhm , not much help. :/
It sucks to say this but the only time I am anxiety free is when I am high on weed. Which Was only 3 times..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts