Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:blank, Im wondering if people iin general dislike you for it or will in general not care, I'm not too sure since I don't seem to pay attention to other people reactions too much.

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
They think I'm depressed..a freak, a weirdo, antisocial, maybe a loner too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The problem is if they try to strike up a conversation they usually have their pre-judgments confirmed. I cannot speak casually to anybody that I haven't known long enough for my anxiety to dissipate. All I can say is "yeah..." and contort my face into an awful, awkward, feigned smile.

Just thinking about it and reliving these awkward conversations I have makes me realize how stupid I probably look. Damn.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
:blank, Im wondering if people iin general dislike you for it or will in general not care, I'm not too sure since I don't seem to pay attention to other people reactions too much.
I think people know I'm quiet and accept it. Only when I'm around immature revel raisers who themselves lack confidence and feel the need to single me out to torture me for their own masochistic pleasure and to increase their social comfort level do I feel angry or hurt.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
At first I imagined that I may have been giving off some negative vibes, but eventually people just came to accept me as a "laid-back chill kind of person", mainly in school. I'd always find a way to shrug off conversations or questions and always manage to appear quiet yet casual when spoken to. Everyone in my class eventually became used to my quietness, and I suppose it didn't much bother them. Whenever someone asked the inevitable, "Why are you so quiet?" or, "Why don't you ever talk?", I'd respond by saying I have a lung condition. The whole thing was just one big game of trying to avoid making social mistakes in school, and I suppose I did pretty well. I don't know what it is, but people just find me "approachable" at times, I guess.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
I think people know I'm quiet and accept it. Only when I'm around immature revel raisers who themselves lack confidence and feel the need to single me out to torture me for their own masochistic pleasure and to increase their social comfort level do I feel angry or hurt.
:ditto

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm in a frat, how you think they respond to me? haha They make fun of me...although I don't really have that quiet stigma about me anymore...cuz I do talk to people.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,072 Posts
Sometimes, they are puzzled. Like they expected me to be something else.

Othertimes, they think I'm weird / awkward.

Or the react with discomfort because I'm so nervous.
^^^This is fairly accurate for me^^^

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
They don't care. It's like I'm invisible. I haven't had any trouble from people... yet. They probably fear I'll go bat**** crazy on them. Though some people have asked empathetically why I'm so quiet. That I don't mind as much.

·
Registered
258 Posts
How do people usually react to your quietness?
They try harder to get me to communicate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A lot of people think I'm stuck up, which makes no sense because I have absolutely nothing to be arrogant about. I'm actually a really down-to-earth person, but for some reason people misread my quietness and choose to form opinions before getting to know me.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I don't know what most people think, I have had some people think I didn't like them because I didn't talk to them (much or at all).

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
Some people I never speak to because I don't make the first move and they don't make any effort either.
Some people greet me but won't bother making conversation past that.
Some people talk to me in spite of the fact that I'm quiet.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts