Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ok. There is this guy who I thought I was on bad terms with but it turns out I am not. I had a crazy mad crush on him in 2005. He knew this and was very nice to me but avoided me like the dickens once he found out I liked him for sure. Well recenty got in touch with him thru a friend online who had his info. He lives in NYC. I'm curious as to what its like there and want to visit. He had said that he'd show me around if I decided to go because he likes doing that sort of thing. I want to give him my # and talk on the phone sometime b/c I have vacation that might get approved this fall and I might like to visit the big Apple. But I don't want to make it seem like I'm still interested, otherwise there's a good chance that I'll scare him away again. One thing too is he's a very busy guy, and bad at responding to e-mail and instant messenger stuffs....I feel weird asking for his # from my friend and calling him, that seems creepy. Any ideas how I can give him my # w/out seeming creepy or like I still like him? Cuz its been years, and I don't have those feelings anymore. The other thing is, I don't know if he has a g/f so I don't want to make her paranoid either.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Keep it casual. Set the tone as matter-o-factly and affirmative. You have his cell number? Just txt him and say, 'Hey, I was thinking of heading out NYC way, any chance for a tour guide while I'm there?'

He'll either say yes or no. But if he says yes, then there's no strings attached.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.