Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can i know if i realy need therapy or that i'm just being stupid, useless, loser just wasting everyones time

·
Registered
97 Posts
The way you worded that last part suggests to me you should go. Nobody is wasting people's time when they feel they need help with personal issues, and if you think you *may* be those negative things, then maybe you would benefit from talking to someone about how you feel? The worst that can happen is you will have a little less money.

·
Registered
129 Posts
How can i know if i realy need therapy or that i'm just being stupid, useless, loser just wasting everyones time
I agree with what other people are saying. If you feel you need it, then
you need it. Also, I wouldn't worry about having a condition justifying
your visit.

·
Pillock
881 Posts
The thing about SA that I found was that for about 15 years I was too nervous to even approach the GP about it, but once I did he almost instantly knew what was wrong and how to help. I'd book yourself an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible, you won't be wasting anybody's time at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd book yourself an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible, you won't be wasting anybody's time at all.
I don't know there are more people who need more help than me. what if i goin and just get told just get out and stay out.

·
Pillock
881 Posts
I don't know there are more people who need more help than me. what if i goin and just get told just get out and stay out.
That's what I felt like, basically forever. Within about 30 seconds my GP completely understood and had me put on the waiting list for therapy. This was only in October last year and I've since had about half a dozen sessions and it has made a huge difference. It's their job to care for you so you won't be wasting their time or told to go away, compared to people going in with phoney chest infections or colds you will be much higher in their priorities. Make an appointment tomorrow, you've got so much to gain.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think everyone should use therapy, but it is on you to want to commit to it. Some people are forced to it and get nothing from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts