Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Hey #0000.

You certainly need to lift weights. Judging by your arm measurements I am guessing your a very skinny guy. So while lifting weights is an important part, there is somethign even more important. You need to eat big. Since you are skinny, you probably have a high metabolism and can get away without eating such a clean diet. The healthier your diet, the better results you will see though. If you want to find out exactly what kind of diet a bodybuilder should be eating http://www.abcbodybuilding.com is a great forum with dieting and workout methods backed by scientific research.

For a quick answer. You need a good balance of carbs a protein and a smaller amount of good fats.
Oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Chicken, Turkey, Steak, Egg whites, Fish, Almonds, Peanut Butter, and lots of Green Leafy Veggies are the staples of a bodybuilding diet. It can be very hard to keep enough protein in the body with whole foods so most use a protein shake after workouts to get a quick source of it and to keep up with daily protein requirements.

Ok, thats enough preaching on eating. If you want to lift to gain mass the best way is to stick to large compound movements and to pick a weight that is heavy enough for you to go to failure at 10 repetitions. (meaning you can lift the weight 10 times and you fail to lift it the 11th).

I think the best exercises would be Pullups, Bench Press (Flat and Incline), Shoulder Press, Squats, Leg Press and Deadlifts. http://abcbodybuilding.com/slideshow.php?id=16&subId=37 Here at ABC they have examples of how to properly do each one of these exercises, plus 100's of other great ones.

The ones I mentioned would give your entire body a workout and would be the best way to develop size. Once you begin to get stronger in all these lifts, start incorporating specific exercises to target the biceps and forearms as well as specific exercises for all the muscle groups.

Today is my Day 1 in the gym after a year lay off, so maybe we can track our progress together. Good luck and if you have any other questions I'd love to answer them for you.

EDIT: I just noticed your question about the wrist. Unfortunately you cant increase the size of your wrists, but having big forearms will take away notice from your wrists.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.