Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I reiinstalled win 2k on my comuter I get these annoying "Messenger service" pop ups that tells me my computer is going to fall apart unless I get fixes from the various websites. I know these warning are fakes. These pop ups occurrs only while on line. Is there an internet option box that I can click or is there something else I can do? Help here will be most sincerely appreciated.
Ed

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
If ya get a pop-up blocker it greatly reduces the number of em. I use one that's built into yahoo but if ya look around online you can find a bunch of different free ones :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
pop up blockers won't help, he's getting the messenger service popups, like theysee says :( just gotta kill the service, or get a firewall

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds like you also didn't run your windows update and get patched up. I think you shouldn't get those anymore after one of the patches in windows update.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went thru the procedure that "theysee" refered to that took me to instructions given at the microsoft
website. Was able to disable the service messenger by going thru control panel, administative tool, and so on. It's a pleasure to use the internet again. I did download the windows update a couple times and they take forever to download as I am using the 56k modem. Though I didn't look for messenger service patches as I didn't know what to look for.
Any way thanks to you all for the responses. It's feels good to know there's a place where I can get help on the computer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts