Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to lose weight to get my confidence up but I think the main problem I have is figuring out what to eat. I usually have to end up eating at Taco Bell because I don't know how to cook healthy or exactly what to eat. Does anybody know any real things to eat to lose weight and to keep it off?

I also eat bad when I'm depressed so I'm a male emotional eater, go figure. What do I do in those situations when I use food as a crutch?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's what I ate today:

Water and only water with every meal

Breakfast - Banana, Bowl of plain oatmeal mixed with wheat germ and whole flax seeds

Lunch - One can of plain light chunk tuna on whole wheat w/tomato and grey poupon, some oat bran pretzels, an apple

Snack - Two tablespoons of enriched peanut butter, handful of almonds, a few baby carrots.

Snack - 1/4 cup brown rice boiled then mixed with a few tablespoons of olive oil

Dinner - Homemade BBQ skinless chicken breast, steamed broccolli, fresh green beans sauteed in oliver oil, garlic, and thyme

I drink 2 or 3 whey protein shakes each day. They make good substitutes for dessert. I eat a very boring diet, but it's pretty healthy and I now enjoy it. I've been at this awhile, gradually weening myself off the garbage. It takes some willpower. The healthy food will taste very bland at first, but you will grow accustomed to it. After some time junk food will begin to taste gross.

If you combine a good diet with exercise you'll start to see your physique change. This will motivate you to keep eating healthy. Even my drinking is healthy. Right now I'm pounding a bottle of merlot

I do go on benders once in awhile, especially when I'm feeling sorry for myself or my anxiety is maxing. :lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply..

I tried the whey shakes but they just taste horrible to me. Do you mix them yourself? If so, whats the best brand to get and how do you make it.

I'm just getting back to regular exercise and I already feel better after just 1 day. Exercising makes me feel like I'm in control, which decreases my anxiety.

I will use all the info you give me, hopefully it helps me get into shape.

thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
shadowplay, u got a healthy diet. And I thought I was hardcore. I usually have:

Breakfast - Whey protein shake(I usually mix in some fruit, honey, oats, and water) and Steamed mixed vegetables topped with Extravirgin Olive oil
yes I eat steamed vegetables for breakfast. They power me up.

Lunch- I don't really eat lunch since im at work. but I usually snack on Fruit. Apples,banana peaches, mango cantalope,etc..

Dinner - Usually chicken and more vegetables. Fried rice kicks a**(brown rice, some scrambled eggs, carrots, ground meat and some peas.Umm yummy.

Snacks - peanuts, apples and other other stuff.

My theme is to chose the food that have the most bang per calorie(nutrient dense foods).
And I drink alot of water.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
If I ate like that everyday, I would put on the pounds. I used to go to buffets and get full plates 4-5 times. Now I eat sparingly and can't quite seem to lose the 10-15 lbs that I'd like.

Breakfast
  • coffee
    Small bowl of Honey-Nut Cheerios

Lunch
  • 2 slices turkey or ham, 1 slice swiss cheese on whole wheat
    1 "big grab" size multigrain Sunchips
    .5 Lt water

Dinner
  • small portion of pork, beef or chicken (about 4-5 oz)
    small portion veggies or salad
    1 glass red wine

Snack
  • small dish of ice cream occasionally

That's pretty much my daily diet. If I eat much more then my stomach pays for it later. I have lost a little. I was up to 206 but am now hovering around 195. Ideally I would like to be 180-185.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Basically eat healthy and exercise every day.

I usually eat this grain cereal, it has nuts, berries, oats in it, with organic or soy milk. ( regular milk is packed with hormones, additives)

Then I have a big lunch, which consits of something healthy like potatoes/pasta, chicken and salad. Drink either water, mineral water or juice. If I really have a bad craving for something sweet, I only eat a small portion, say like ice cream, only eat half a cup.

Then I have a light snack in the afternoon like a sandwich, and I dont eat after 7 pm.

I also go jogging every morning for 1/2 hour and do sit-ups.

Also drink lots of water throughout the day to keep you hydrated.

My family is sorta of a natural food freaks, and we mostly buy food thats organic or more natural. Like we only eat rye bread that we buy at this german store and get fruits/veggies from local farmers market.

I dont go to fast food places at all, if I'm really hungry, I'll just go to small restaurant that has decent food. Also I avoid drinking sodas.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Usually my diet consists of whey protein shakes, pizza, more pizza, M&Ms, more pizza, and skittles. Then pizza for dessert. Ice cream and Milky Way bars on occasion.

I don't eat healthy by nature. My brain won't allow it. The only way for me to stay healthy is to not have delicious food near me, because it will end up in my mouth one way or another.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Just cut out refined sugar and replace them with fruits and veggies, fiber (beans, whole grain cereals) nuts and lentils and cold water fish (tuna, salmon, mackerel) I like vegetarian broth, from buollion cubes and you can add your own veggies and some lentils and barley to it and other spices.
I also like whole grain crackers with the natural pb on them (about 5 crackers a serving) and i eat alot less meat and dairy. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you combine a good diet with exercise you'll start to see your physique change. This will motivate you to keep eating healthy. Even my drinking is healthy. Right now I'm pounding a bottle of merlot
-Shadowplay

Man. That's my kind of diet.

The next step is to actually fill a platapus (you know the waterbags that are like backpacks with straws?) with vino and then go on bike tours like that!

-Colin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts