Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(!! i just told her during our conversation "i am not going to ruin my life here just becuase you don't understand me!" she wanted me to tell her why but i told her i don't want her to know, she doesn't know i had SA and she doesn't know much of my problems, i don't want her feeling sorry for me and i don't wanna play the victim and all that. y should i make her feel sorry for me, i'd feel ashamed, i don't know what she'll say but she wants me to stay till i'm graduated at least.
i wish there was a "yes-no" switch i could click.
i even thought of a last resort of what to tell her, kind of ashamed to go down to that level actually so i'm not saying it for now- it might make her get me a shrink too so i'm careful with words.

if u got a good idea write back

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wituckius said:
If you want your parents to send you to some expensive boarding school I think they are at least entitled to an honest explanation.
first of all i don't owe them an explanation because that would mean i have to reveal secrets which i am not comfortable sharing with them and that would put me in an awkward position.
second of all the boarding school told me where to go to get funding help which means it will cost even less, so money is not the issue here.

3rd of all- u make kids then give em what they want! don't make kids so they'll suffer and be chained to whats comfortable to you.
:mum :mum :mum :mum

they can't tell me to stay home against my will
just because i'm under 18 i don't have a voice??
:con :con :con

my mom brought up that she thinks i'm not disciplined and would "go downhill" at a boarding school.. **** NO! if i haven't till now i won't ever do drugs, plus i'm smart and i wouldn't do harmful things.

this will not affect my parents or make their life hard in any way, they don't need to drive me there (buses), the costs are not high and i probably cost more when i live at home, the only way it affects them is my absence (but we get 3 visits a month plus vacations)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wituckius said:
Sweetangel said:
wituckius said:
If you want your parents to send you to some expensive boarding school I think they are at least entitled to an honest explanation.
first of all i don't owe them an explanation because that would mean i have to reveal secrets which i am not comfortable sharing with them and that would put me in an awkward position.
second of all the boarding school told me where to go to get funding help which means it will cost even less, so money is not the issue here.

3rd of all- u make kids then give em what they want! don't make kids so they'll suffer and be chained to whats comfortable to you.
:mum :mum :mum :mum

they can't tell me to stay home against my will
just because i'm under 18 i don't have a voice??
:con :con :con

my mom brought up that she thinks i'm not disciplined and would "go downhill" at a boarding school.. @#%$ NO! if i haven't till now i won't ever do drugs, plus i'm smart and i wouldn't do harmful things.

this will not affect my parents or make their life hard in any way, they don't need to drive me there (buses), the costs are not high and i probably cost more when i live at home, the only way it affects them is my absence (but we get 3 visits a month plus vacations)
I'm sorry my answer wasn't to your liking but I stand by it. Even if money is not an issue your parents love you and just because your afraid of feeling awkard doesn't mean they aren't entitled to an honest explanation. Using SA as an excuse to be decieving to your parents is unaceptable IMO. I know what its like to not want to explain things to your parents. I'm 19 and I avoid talking to my parents at all costs but when an important decision is to be made,such as living somewhere else for some long amount of time, I still think they are entitled. Especially since your under 18 and you're still their respsonsibility legaly. I know it's easier said then done but I still think it's the right thing to do. I'm trying to be empathetic to your situation but sometimes I come off a little too blunt and I'm sorry for that. :hug
As much as i may not like it i think you are totally right or at least some gut feeling tells me so :lol . i guess they do love me and that is the reason they don't want me to go, or at least my mom.
But i still think the decision is mine in the end nomatter what they choose ( i think if i actually get my mom to agree i'll go, i feel like my dad is way easier to convince- he thinks more like me in many areas and gives me more freedom).
so i'll have a talk and explain exactly how i feel and what i think boarding school will give me and see what she says.
not the easiest position to be in right now- wanna switch? :b

btw thanks for taking the time to express your opinion because it did make me think and come to this conclusion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts