Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always interested in knowing how a couple began dating since I have trouble meeting/approaching women myself. How did you meet your gf/bf? How did you approach them? What did you say? For the women out there how did your bf approach you?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
In high school we had a lot of the same friends. One friend had a "party" (not stereotypical high school party, we went out for sushi and then spent most of the night looking at silly flash videos online) and we clicked pretty well. After that we added each other on msn messenger and would talk every night for hours on end. This lasted for a couple months until the school year actually started, and being around each other daily without dating would have been unbearable.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
Through the medium of interpretive dance!

*flails arms*

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Met my g/f online in a chat room, and then started talking on phone right after...then realized we have common interests. Been dating for 3 months now.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Internet dating site. I added him to my "list" of people that I was interested in and sent him a message ... saying I don't know what. hi how are you or something stupid. We exchanged a few emails through there and I asked him for his messenger online but he said he didn't do that stuff so I gave him my phone number instead, and he called me. We talked on the phone for a few weeks and then I asked if we could get together and the next night I went over to his house... not recommended, you should always meet someone off the internet in a public place. But it turned out amazing for me.

·
Registered
596 Posts
We had gone to middle school together, rode the same bus, but never spoke once to each other. He was in the grade above mine and what's funny is that my sister was the one who had a small crush on him first. At the beginning of my freshman year of high school, my old friend was dating one of his friends and I asked my friend's boyfriend about him and he was like "ooo do you you like him?" And that kind of set things into motion. We had to wait 3 months before we could officially start dating because my mom said I could only have a boyfriend when I turned 15. And five years later, despite all the ups and downs, we are still together.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. One of the reasons I started this thread was because I wanted to see how many of you started dating your gf/bf because you just went up to them, not really knowing them and started a conversation. It's strange people are always telling me that I need to just suck it up and if I see a girl I'm interested in whether it be in class, in the mall, or whatever, and just talk to them. However of the people I've talked to who are in a relationship almost none of them started this way. Maybe it's just the people around me, but the same ones telling me to just go out and approach women usually tell me they got their gf/bf through a friend or a dating website or something like that.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
In reality we should be able to walk up to a girl or guy and start talking and away you go. But times are not like that.

And I am single, so no magical story. Maybe next week lol, or a year from now.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
I put a small tunafish on a hook and hung it out my window, attached to a line. When I felt a tug on the line I reeled her in.

Actually over the internet, but exes were largely met through alcohol and in one disastrous case prolonged friendship.

·
♥
681 Posts
I was a sophomore in high school, and he was a junior. We met at the homecoming dance. Apparently he wasn't even planning on going, but at the last minute he just decided to just go for it. And he said when he saw me, he knew that he HAD to dance with me.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
HER: hey
ME: uh... hi (do i know this girl?)
HER: i like it when you play the guitar
ME: um.. thanks (come-on say something, she is obviosuly asking you out)
: wanna see me play guitar again ?

(classical disney music plays in the background for the next few months up till now; while the screen shows our courtship)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts