Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some trouble moving lately. Unemployed, lonely, and I can't get off the couch. There doesn't seem to be any point. So what got you moving today?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Breakfast and Coffee.

I always get tasty breakfast foods and yummy coffee creamers. Recently I got a coconut cream flavored coffee creamer.

That is usually what gets me up in the morning.

·
Banned
13 Posts
/Me still in bed with the laptop. :rofl

Ever thought of getting a dog? Might help motivate you to get up and walk them. That is normally what gets me motivated for the day :yes. We can't let the animal suffer so we are forced to get up.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Realizing I have to go to the bank because I can't do it during the work week...Must have money in the bank.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I wanted to buy yogurt and vitamin D supplements since I never get sunlight. I'm convinced the yogurt slightly boosts my mood and energy, so hopefully I'll want to get off the couch more.

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
Bathroom, or because im hungry haha

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Oh, one more thing that works. Drink something before going to bed. In the morning your bladder will be about to burst. That will FORCE you to get up.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
You mean bed? I spent about 3 hours just laying there when I woke up. Im not too far from it now. I had to get up for a drink. :/

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I also never even sat down on the couch. But what got me to leave the apartment (and get away from the computer) was that I needed to buy some food.

·
Unplugged
263 Posts
My desire to conquer my SA and depression.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Well - I'm also unemployed, not going to school at the moment & I'm also lonely & rather pathetic.

I get up every day & my mother drives me to the coffee shop so I can sit with my computer. If I stay home... I end up just staying in my PJs all day & watching re-runs of Project Runway.

I'd rather be out around people, even if I'm not interacting with them.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Work...although getting up ain't easy when you have a job that, while it pays well and is beneficial to my career, is still boring as hell.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts