Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I was in high school and never had anxiety but then I remember one day I was walking down the hall and the girl I had a crush on I saw her and I thought I did something wired and she looked away then going to class this kid points something out on me but I don't think everybody was looking at me but I felt really different that's when I think I first started getting anxiety and then It got really worse o didn't wanna go to school cuz I was scared

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ever since i was a young child i was shy and knew i was different, i cared what people thought and over time i learned i had social anxiety

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, OffOnTheAdventure! :)

....I had anxiety from growing up with mental illness in the family, but it exploded with a bad church experience.

·
Beyond Intuition
86 Posts
this is the blah blah answer..Social anxiety disorder is believed to be the result of a combination of genetic and psychosocial factors. It is believed that genetics account for roughly 30% to 40% of the variation in the disorder seen in the population. For some people, a traumatic social event (such as forgetting lines during a performance) may correspond with the onset of the disorder.
can I determine or diagnose you. No. but I do think you have anxiety.
there are a lot of ppl here who can talk with you about their experiences and what they have found to work for them. here you can share ideas and how to handle experiences like the one you described.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts