Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Researching dyspraxia -> researching autism -> researching PDD-NOS -> came across selective mutism and anxiety disorders -> research social anxierty disorder -> typed "social anxiety forum" into google.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Found it doing search on SA. Been member since the EZ Board days.

·
Severed member
2,972 Posts
I googled "dont like being around people". The first message board I found was some health board dealing more with medical issues rather than mental issues. I searched the same thing again and found a link to a thread here talking about introverted qualities. I liked what everone had to say, so I joined up.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Most likely a google search but it's been about 10 years since I found the first version of this site so it's hard to say for certain.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Two years ago, I reached a depression. I realized that I had reached 18, and still had the anxiety. I finally worked up the courage to type "social anxiety" into the google search bar - twas one of my smarter choices in life

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
googled "jobs for people with social phobia" or something like that.

·
Registered
628 Posts
A google search but I forget exactly what I was searching for. Read some threads mostly in the coping/frustration sections and could not believe my eyes. Every other post was like it was written by myself that's when I knew I had to sign up immediately.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Google search on SA a few years ago landed me on the 'weird things we do because of SA' thread. I couldn't beleive that so many other people did the same exact things and go through the same things and I do. I lurked for a couple of years before registering.

·
Banned
2,519 Posts
Yup, googled specific symptoms and problems that I had over the years and came across this forum. I too wished I knew about this site earlier. Lurked for quite a few months (I think 6 months) before I started posting and would read what a lot of people had to say and I related to everything put down. That's what coerced me into actually joining. And now I'm here. It's a gift and a curse.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts