Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

how did you come up with your nick?

2K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  ghostgurl 
#1 ·
millenniumman75 started this in the interview game, and i thought it'd be neat to have a separate thread for it :) know thy neighbour!

i made mine up on the spot heheh... i didn't use my normal nick, cuz i didn't want people i know to track me here and read all my dirty secrets ;) it's stolen from southpark... the sexual discrimination panda lol... and when he's upset he proclaims "that makes me a saaaaad panda", so i'm the social anxiety disorder panda ;) who is also sometimes sad, but not since joining sas ;)

plus pandas are large, cute and cuddly, like me! ;P next!

#2 ·
Since I was mentioned (thanks!), I should probably give a quick explanation over here as well.

Millennium is a word that was never really used that often until 2000. Centuries has always been used more, so I thought I would use it.

Man - well, I am a guy :doh! That, and my motto is "trying to become a new man for the millennium".

75 - the year I was born. Quite an interesting year as Vietnam came to an end.

That's my username. :lol

#3 ·
When i first found this site, the thought "wishful thinking" just came to me, because i thought it was wishful thinking that there was actually a forum like this. I like how it sounds too.

#7 ·
'A' would be for Amanda and 'Mozza' I've kinda adopted as my internet last name. It originally came from another nickname I had, 'MOSA' (Mandy, Ohio, Social Anxiety) but then in my linguistic studies I found out that 'Mossa' meant 'shy' and in yet another language 'Mozza' meant chick/girl...so it all kinda just came together and fit me well. So...yep. Amozza. :banana

#9 ·
Amozza said:
'A' would be for Amanda and 'Mozza' I've kinda adopted as my internet last name. It originally came from another nickname I had, 'MOSA' (Mandy, Ohio, Social Anxiety) but then in my linguistic studies I found out that 'Mossa' meant 'shy' and in yet another language 'Mozza' meant chick/girl...so it all kinda just came together and fit me well. So...yep. Amozza. :banana
wow, very clever! i like it :)

#12 ·
When I was signing up for an email address, back when I first started using the internet, all the names I chose were already taken. There was a place there to enter two words and then it made you a name. So, I entered Reba as in Reba McEntire and Fancy as in one of Reba's songs and it gave me Rebfancy, so I've been that since. LOL

#13 ·
There was another forum somewhere on the internet - totally unrelated to this one - where I was Kevin the Great. A name I meant humorously (ironically?). When I came here, I realized that having SA makes me feel decidedly not great. So there you have it.

#15 ·
younggun said:
Rapper, but I wnated to be a little more original than just copy a name, so I altered Yun-Gun to make it what it is now
I always thought it came from the movie "Young Guns." It's interesting to learn about others through their usernames. :popcorn

WalkbyFaith is a cool username whether it's a song title or not - good choice!

#23 ·
L and L are the first two letters of my middle name, Llewelyn. It's Welsh for "like a lion", which I certainly am not, especially because of my SA. Okay, maybe I am like a certain lion- the Cowardly Lion! Lol!

#26 ·
I got to thinking about how I've tried to hide all my life and it reminded me of the game you play with toddlers. Peekaboo! I see you, can you see me? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.