Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hmm... interesting comments!

But to answer Banzai's question, I was admitted because I couldnt stop daydreaming because I was so addicted to it. I couldnt do my school work (This was my freshman year in college) I was even feeling suidcial. I know it got that bad because of my SA- it was during the first few weeks of school and I wasnt making many friends or socializing because of how socially anxious I was, so I used daydreaming as an escape. It just turned out I used it too much, causing me to be admitted.
So you got admitted to hospital for being addicted to daydreaming. I can understand that. It seem like the only relief and you just cant live without it. very hard to just stop cold turkey though isn't it.

daydream addiction would still be better than drug or alcohol addiction.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Actuallly, its not hard to stop cold turkey. I know, I know, your thinking that you have tried before and it hasnt worked. I had the very same belief. Its a very deep stated belief isnt it?
But I'm here now, telling you that you can. Why? Because I have. And believe me, if I can do it you can as well. I recently stopped daydreaming and havent started again in over a week. And for me, thats like climbing Mt. Evest or sumthing....
I had the daydreaming problem for over 6 years. What finnaly got me to stop was REALLY REALLY wanting to stop-not just partially. I meant, you have to be determined, and deicated. You have to observe your thoughts to see when the daydreaming comes up and what triggers it. Then you must be hyper vilgant to catch and stop the daydreaming as it begins. If you want more into or tips, just message me, ok?
But yeah, so far thats what is really working for me.
i admit I daydream a lot. If i had to stop though i would probably end up addicted to something else. It's not disabling for me, and i'm more analytical in my daydreams, i like to think about things that are often not so related to me, very practical stuff like calculating something or wondering how something works. maybe i go overboard with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.