Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ex: i was talking to a friend about seeing a movie with them tommorow but i didn't give enough details about what exactly i had in mind (not the movie, but the time, the place etc.) which was sort of inappropriate considering a particular moment in the conversation, and so they responded with a bit of disdain in their voice. or at least it seemed like disdain to me. and at that point i started quickly thinking over what i did wrong several times for about7 seconds before responding. then later on in the conversation i changed the topic and said i changed my mind about seeing the movie. and they asked why and i said "i just dont' feel like going"

people don't usually notice these little mistakes that i make in social situations they're so subtle and meaningless to them that most people just forget about what happened until i tell them about it. can you relate to this?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah, lil hick ups in interactions.. we tend to focus on them, where others would gloss over.
Advice: I think the way to remedy this is to think positive, and play down the importance of it. Also Not to be so hard on yourself.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh i find myself thinking over and over, did i say something wrong? will they be mad at me, etc. And in reality they don't even care. Gotta make the connection in my brain that I'm exaggerating and stop worrying... Well, first step is admitting that you have a problem lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts