Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am soo sick of staying inside the house right now ( im off school for 1 week ) I want to start running and jogging around a park near my house, how can i start, i just have the problem of how i will look to people, im 18, do i need to wear shorts? DAMNIT!

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I doubt anyone will care. I see people here jog all the time and some go without their shirts on, lol. I would say wearing shorts or some adidas pants would be fine.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you have some sort of athletic-looking shorts or pants, that would work. Just don't wear jeans or something too heavy. People always look sort of grungy when they're running... as long as you're comfortable, that's what matters :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Running? Brilliant!

Glad to hear that you will soon join the running fold. It's a cool place to be. Like Shyvr said, wear whatevs comfortable. I have a personal moratorium against wearing shorts, but that's just me all hatin' on bare legs in shorts (strangely I'm totally okay with wearing mini skirts?) Anyway! Have fun! Start small and keep going! If you want to PM me I can recommend songs to run to if you have an mp3 player.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Put one leg in front of the other very fast. Off you go...

But seriously, you should jog around at midday when everyone else is at work to work on your 'form' if you feel that you're going to look funny. I haven't encountered a single person who actually ran funny. Humans pretty much run all the same.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol ok you've convinced me to do it, thanks everyone, and i could see some songs if you have them, thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
My days of running are over , I walk the dog. Glad to see you have been convinced and I hope you enjoy it. :)

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
What I do is plug in my ipod,put on my sunglasses,start jogging and shut out the world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts