Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides, moving out, working, etc. How can I actually make myself "fit in". My whole life I have been well, "unfit" you could say. I'd love to just freaking fit in a bit so I can at least meet people. Whenever I meet anyone they always say "oh omg you're engaged? Really, you look younger than you are." THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. lol....... I just don't want to be labeled like a kid, when I have a lot to offer, but society keeps shutting me down.

I don't like partying/clubbing/alcohol/smoking right off the bat. [I live in Vegas which makes this scenario horrible]. I also don't have any girlfriends that can truly help me besides one who has no issues, and my other friend also looks young herself. Except, she doesn't feel the torture of it the way I do (i think?). Well, besides her I don't really relate to any female whatsoever.

More background: I look 17 maybe by face. I also don't follow trends in fashion. Should I just to follow more you guys think? Or is there something wrong with me? I am not able to function or something????

Anyone who knows the drill can help me on this??

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,336 Posts
sorry I posted that in the wrong thread XD oh my god.

You can't really help looking young but I guess you could try changing your hairstyle and wear makeup if you don't all ready? Certain clothing can help too. Honestly though it's not really worth changing yourself for people and you're engaged so you don't have to worry about looking too young to get dates so really no reason to change.

Acting more confidentially can help too though, I think when you have SA it makes you seem younger because you might look insecure.

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry I posted that in the wrong thread XD oh my god.

You can't really help looking young but I guess you could try changing your hairstyle and wear makeup if you don't all ready? Certain clothing can help too. Honestly though it's not really worth changing yourself for people and you're engaged so you don't have to worry about looking too young to get dates so really no reason to change.

Acting more confidentially can help too though, I think when you have SA it makes you seem younger because you might look insecure.
yeah I look insecure well, I went through depression to be honest, but I am not that bad. I still leave the house sometimes on my own still lol..... I don't wear makeup nor do hairstyles. Kinda scared of how it'll go now.

I've had atleast 15 tell me I look young so, I don't want to give up no more. I want to change it... I mean I don't care how bad I am at fitting in, I can still change if I want to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts