Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone in class seems to be talking except me and the people I'm sitting next to. It seems like people just don't want to talk to me. I can be sitting next to someone and they dnt say anything but as soon as another random stranger sits on their other side they start talking and laughing and become friends.... Why doesnt anyone want to talk to me in class?

I tried fixing my posture, smiling, and even sitting in the front but no one finds me approachable. It seems impossible for me to initiate a conversation because of my anxiety. Although i know it's ultimately my fault for not making the first move i want to know how i can look approachable so i wont have to. 99% of people are so why arent I?

I have good hygeine, i am not ugly... What am I missing?

·
Registered
9,376 Posts
Everyone in class seems to be talking except me and the people I'm sitting next to. It seems like people just don't want to talk to me. I can be sitting next to someone and they dnt say anything but as soon as another random stranger sits on their other side they start talking and laughing and become friends.... Why doesnt anyone want to talk to me in class?

I tried fixing my posture, smiling, and even sitting in the front but no one finds me approachable. It seems impossible for me to initiate a conversation because of my anxiety. Although i know it's ultimately my fault for not making the first move i want to know how i can look approachable so i wont have to. 99% of people are so why arent I?

I have good hygeine, i am not ugly... What am I missing?
That ALWAYS happened to me in high school. ><

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the exact same situation in school currently. . .
Saying a simple 'hey' once in a while can usually strike up a conversation.

I don't think you're missing anything. . .

I think people assume too much, they might just think that you're quiet, or maybe that you like you're time alone. That's one possibility, but I really don't think any of us are missing anything, could be they're the ones who are missing something. Just the way I see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts