Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread yesterday about getting a benzo on first visit, and I think klonopin may be my best option because of its duration. I'd be happy to leave the appointment with a benzo though, just not an SSRI. I've never had a prescription for anything, but I don't like what I read about SSRI side effects, and the uncertainty of them working. I need something that will get me through this final school year. I can't go out in public without getting tremors, and it's even interfering with my home life now. I hardly ever even eat dinner with my family. That's just a tidbit of what my social anxiety is doing to me. I don't care what the withdrawals are like, because I'm already suffering mightily. If I must deal with withdrawals at some point, then I'll do it.

Link for other post: http://www.socialanxietysupport.com...r-prescribe-me-a-benzo-on-first-visit-138396/

·
Registered
480 Posts
Okay, I read the other thread too. Klonopin on first visit is unlikely if you have tried no medications.

Mention panic attacks and you will likely get a small dose of a benzo. I would advise against mentioning any alcohol use whatsoever. Dont mention pot or any other drug use either if you want a benzo. If he asks how you cope, mention avoidance and panic attacks.

I was truthful with my first pdoc and had to try so many crappy drugs. I finally got on klonopin. This was years ago and I have been on and off benzos for years now.

I take a combo of 2mg klonopin and 40mg prozac and it pretty much fixes me. You will probably get prescribed a combo of SSRI and Benzo. Cant guarantee the benzo but if you follow my advise u just might get some.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I agree, it will take a few visits.

1)Start SSRI.
2)Increase dose of SSRI/change SSRI if you can't tolerate the first one.
3)Perhaps get a really small benzo prn script.
4) Probably try some other drugs.. Abilify or something like that.
5) Next visit, small dose of Kpin
6) Go on from there.

I'm on 40 mg of prozac and 4mg of kpin... it works pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts