Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to speak with a counselor/therapist about social anxiety and seeing if I have it, but they are so expensive. Does anyone know how I can get a cheaper service or other alternatives?

·
Rhanch
63 Posts
I don't know where you live, but there are counseling centers that use trainees who are going to school simultaneously. You could call your community mental health center to get references. They charge what you can afford - sometimes nothing. The drawback, of course, is they have little experience. Though if you just need someone to talk to about your problems it could be a good alternative.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know where you live, but there are counseling centers that use trainees who are going to school simultaneously. You could call your community mental health center to get references. They charge what you can afford - sometimes nothing. The drawback, of course, is they have little experience. Though if you just need someone to talk to about your problems it could be a good alternative.
Nice idea, I'll have to check into this. I would prefer someone who could diagnose me, but I would love to just talk to someone who can offer me advice as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.