Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silence Is Golden
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many ideas for cartoons. I've even written them down on paper. In order to become an animator, I need to know how to become one and I need to get rid of my SA so I can work with people.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Depends on what sort of animation your after. I'm on a Computer Games Art course where we learn concept art and 3d modelling art etc so if your wanting to do 3d animation you could use something like 3ds max or Maya.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
There are different art schools who specialize in what your looking for. There are also colleges that specifically have animation programs. I would just get online and search for some of these schools.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Art school and an insane amount of work. One of my good friends is in animation right now in the College of Creative Studies. He easily works as hard, if not harder, than me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
get 'the animators survival kit' book by richard williams

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have many ideas for cartoons. I've even written them down on paper. In order to become an animator, I need to know how to become one and I need to get rid of my SA so I can work with people.
Get a free animation application.
Practice on a graphic. Learn by
creating movement with what you are going to use.
Just drag the graphic move it like by dragging using
the small squares around the graphic. Have to know what direction to move the graphic. Any of the
movement you choose to move the graphic to creates motion. Just have to figure out what direction to drag the graphic. Very difficult which direction of a arm, leg to drag each square you see. Once you know what motion, you want the graphic to do, have to figure out the number to use in the settings menu. Each number equals the motion you want.
Very complicated to figure out the motion settings to use. Animation motion for a cartoon is harder than motion for an object like shapes. You can practice on squares, circles or other objects. It would be like when you make a animated GIF.

Try Google SketchUp it is free.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Google_SketchUp_d5060.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts