Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it hard to believe that in a city this size there are NO social anxiety support groups. Would be nice if we could get enough people interested and start one. What say you?

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for posting anyway YahSaveMe. Have you looked for anything in your area?

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I could try though I guess but I don't think there is any. I would go to this one if you got it going, but it's a long drive.
cool. Come on Cincinnatians, I know you're out there! Calling all Cincinnati-Kentucky folks with SA. Where ya'll at??

·
Surrounded by greatness
579 Posts
Hey, your location says you are in FL. Or is that just because you know winter's coming? ;)

I go to the Cincy area to King's Island every now and then, but I'm not a resident at the moment. Of course we move every few years...so you never know.

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for the question. I was in Florida when I joined SAS. in Cincti now. take care

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I am in southwest Ohio, but SA would keep me from meeting people from this site.

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never say never;)...if we get something together maybe you will at least think about it. Hope so! thanks for the post

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where ya'll at!!

·
Stan the Man
6,433 Posts
We had a one-time meeting through meetup.com, lol. I think everyone was too shy to meet again. But I did make a female friend through that one-time thing, so it was worth it. We need to get something set up.

I'm in Cold Spring by the way.

·
Just me being me
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about Mano a Mano

You know I was thinking....(uh, oh). Well, it is difficult to get a group of people together with SA. However, that's no reason that people can't meet one on one if they see someone they'd like to invite out for coffee, a walk in a park, a game of basketball, some event... whatever. I mean a group would be ideal but even connecting with one (or two) others is good.

It's weird though. Some people are very comfortable one on one and others find this more anxiety provoking. Just something to think about. Maybe we'll get a few pods going and then we'll have a pod convention. Our motto: "mi pod es su pod". :hug

·
Stan the Man
6,433 Posts
You know I was thinking....(uh, oh). Well, it is difficult to get a group of people together with SA. However, that's no reason that people can't meet one on one if they see someone they'd like to invite out for coffee, a walk in a park, a game of basketball, some event... whatever. I mean a group would be ideal but even connecting with one (or two) others is good.

It's weird though. Some people are very comfortable one on one and others find this more anxiety provoking. Just something to think about. Maybe we'll get a few pods going and then we'll have a pod convention. Our motto: "mi pod es su pod". :hug
Good observation. I'm cool with anything. Out in the general public, I'm better one-on-one, but I'd certainly be up for a group thing. Who knows, amongst SAers, I may even be the talkative one!?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts