Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have abandonment issues. I see all these new people joining everyday and it makes me anxious because I am afraid the server is going to blow up and I will click on my icon to get here and it will be gone!

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
i'm kind of paranoid about that also. but it probably gets backed up every now and then. once a week? less? more? hopefully...

how big does a database like this run, in GB?

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
It has never happened in the past that I know of unless it needed to be rebooted. Other than that, we have always been told when things are being upgraded (any downtimes - usually 24 hours tops for big BIG things), etc.
I have been on this site for 4 1/2 years and it's still here :yes.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
It's a totally managed server, which means that server admins are watching it 24/7 for crashes, software problems and even hardware failure. I spent enough time back in the day dealing with stuff like this personally at 3am to realize it's better to let the pros handle it. ;)

Daily incremental backups are done to a remote server so there is no risk of a serious loss of data (in terms of threads, posts, users, photos, etc.)

SAS ain't going anywhere :)

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
It's a totally managed server, which means that server admins are watching it 24/7 for crashes, software problems and even hardware failure. I spent enough time back in the day dealing with stuff like this personally at 3am to realize it's better to let the pros handle it. ;)

Daily incremental backups are done to a remote server so there is no risk of a serious loss of data (in terms of threads, posts, users, photos, etc.)

SAS ain't going anywhere :)
that's awesome, thank you. :clap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts