Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've never tried drinking with Citalopram so far myself, but do know someone who will have the odd couple of glasses of wine here and there with it and is fine. She does just do it occasionally though - at least as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Funnily enough, I had an offer from someone I know to go out for drinks this week. Co-incidentally from that person I know I mentioned in this thread earlier who sometimes chooses to drink on hers. But after reading through this thread and other peoples responses I've decided I really don't want to take the risk. I've not long re-started this medication and have only been back on it (since first time round i tried it also for a short time) 11 days, and after querying some things with a doctor I talked to about taking this today - really do want to see what happens over the next few weeks as to how effective it's likely to be for me without doing anything that's likely to mess up the process meanwhile. If I find it's not being that effective anyway, further on down the line, I would probably risk the odd one or two. But until I know, I'm not taking the risk - just in case it happens this drug ends up working really well for me in which case I doubt I'll feel much of a need to drink anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts