Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How are you feeling?

2M views 37K replies 3K participants last post by  PurplePeopleEater 
#1 ·
This is just a place to vent, feel happy or feel sad or whatever your mood!

But if you are feeling glum, this is to anyone who needs a hug!

*hugs* =]

and if you are having a rough day, just know that someone out there cares about you.

See less See more
#35,021 ·
Oh boy…things are about to go from bad to worse for me. My area is going to get snowed on…a lot. Let’s just say if the totals they are predicting come to fruition…we will get more snow in the next few days then most places get for the entire winter. I’ve got really bad Seasonal Affective Depression which has kicked in big time since the time change but this is going really set me back…not sure I can handle this right now. I’ve had meltdowns over much smaller storms in the past…and this one might be one of the worst ever.

#35,022 ·
I feel good! Good for me anyway. I got out of the house to go INSIDE of the post office during the DAYTIME and I went to pick up pizza. And I wasn't anxious at all. Not about driving, not about having to be around people during the day, and not about having to talk to the pizza people. My medication is definitely helping.

#35,027 ·
Last week I booked to have a lesson with an instructor I met at the skatepark, it is today. I never had a one on one lesson with anyone. When I had lessons before it was with other beginners; less intense. When I have things like this I find myself just waiting; just waiting to go. Other people would be getting on with other things. I shall be pleased when it's over 😆 I hope my body co-operates today. When I saw him that day it was the worst skating I'd done ever.

#35,028 ·
Last week I booked to have a lesson with an instructor I met at the skatepark, it is today. I never had a one on one lesson with anyone. When I had lessons before it was with other beginners; less intense. When I have things like this I find myself just waiting; just waiting to go. Other people would be getting on with other things. I shall be pleased when it's over 😆 I hope my body co-operates today. When I saw him that day it was the worst skating I'd done ever.

Good luck. I hope it goes well and let us know how you get on. Stoked to hear you're still skating (y)

#35,029 ·
Hurt.

I heard that guy talking crap about me at work and not only that but over something very minor like a small mess that wasn't even dripping...mostly dry something I ended up fixing anyways at that. He's such a troll. I heard him say she should just let me help her bla bla bla. Help me? Ha. Like you would. What a joke you are. If I get you to help me, you'd either pile work on me or get mad that I asked for help.

#35,030 ·
Good luck. I hope it goes well and let us know how you get on. Stoked to hear you're still skating (y)
Thanks 🙂 Made it out in one piece haha. It was good; worked on pumping, skating in the bowl and throwing the board down. He said he really liked the sound effects as when I'm not used to something I kinda squeel; it helps😆

#35,031 ·
Thanks 🙂 Made it out in one piece haha. It was good; worked on pumping, skating in the bowl and throwing the board down. He said he really liked the sound effects as when I'm not used to something I kinda squeel; it helps😆

Great stuff. You'll be dropping in on a vert ramp before you know it. 🥳

#35,037 ·
Mushy stuff.

I've been replaying a 22 second long, cute audio message that my Panamanian pen pal has sent me, nonstop. She wishes me well (she knows many things about me), and says my name, all while a soft, piano piece plays in the background. 😊 For the first time, I hear her voice and it is a very, very sweet sound. Soft, with a tiny bit of "morning/tired raspiness" (?) towards the end. I can't get enough of hearing it... there's like a tinge of snobbiness in it (especially with the piano). She likely sent me her voice because I teased her about her Spanish probably being a lot more eloquent compared to my ghetto, Spanglish speaking bum.

...So I guess she might now be expecting me to return the favor. Oof. Maybe I'll put some softish accordion music to lesson the blow... So yeah, I've been feeling things. ☺

Though I heard some heavy breathing in the background as she was talking, as if someone or something was sleeping beside her... she did mention having a large dog, along with her lovebird, and many cats. Her mother also has a mean parrot.