Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
33781 - 33800 of 33806 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,556 Posts
@zonebox

The main thing that annoys me about the Beyond Burger is you can't really microwave it. I suppose you could but it comes out bad. You can really only fry it or bake it and have it come out tasty. There are other meatless "burgers" that come out decent if you microwave them. Like Grillers. I used to eat them a lot but they're not as complex and nutritious as the Beyond stuff. Though they technically might be better for you in terms of fat and cholesterol. If you can take wheat and other higher carb stuff, you have more options than the latest meat substitutes. Loma Linda makes this stuff called Redi-Burger that I started eating when I was a teenager and loved it. Doesn't taste a bit like meat but it's tasty (to me). Might be high in sodium (I don't know. I haven't had any in a long time). It's very expensive now and hard to find. There's probably no real need to go looking for it unless you just like to try everything once.

I'll eat just about anything. Which probably contributed to some of my health issues. I have always had a preference for salty things and would usually add more salt to things that were already deemed to be too salty for most people. I don't add extra salt to my food anymore and haven't for a year or so. My mother (due to her having a peculiar attraction to 7th Day Adventism) has a long history of keeping a freezer full of meat substitutes. I would usually just eat whatever was there so if it was in there and edible, I've had it. I used to love the veggie dogs she'd get. I don't remember what they were called now. They actually might have been literally called "Veggie Dogs". They were more reminiscent of real hotdogs than most burger substitoots are of real burgers. They had a peculiar "different" flavor though but I got used to it and came to love it.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,818 Posts
I got it, and it is yummy :D

I think three of these would make up the volume of a furby.

Not as glamorous as the picture they show on their site, but.. it is still tasty. Feeling pretty gewd about it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bored and mildly depressed. The boredom doesn't feel good and I have a lot of stuff to worry about. I think having a boyfriend was good for me when I was living somewhere else just not many options here and its hard to make relationships anyway.

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
Not feeling it today. Going to be one of those days where I struggle to get work done. I am feeling pretty down about things and today is it rainy and cool…very fall like and that makes me feel all the more sad.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I just feel like I'm in withdrawal from when I took my medication differently. Just waiting for it to settle down and go back to "normal". Trying to keep busy. I have an induction to see if I want to begin volunteering in a charity shop soon.

·
Self isolating from self
3,198 Posts
It has been a long and difficult day and I wasn't feeling the greatest on top of it. After taking a long nap, I'm trying to work up the motivation to do... something.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,818 Posts
Yesterday night was horrible, severe anxiety over nothing in particular. I think it was because of the Valium I took on Tuesday morning for my dentist appointment, last night I believe I might have been having withdrawals.. I don't know though, because I only took one 5mg pill and I wouldn't think that is enough to have withdrawals from especially considering it has been months since I last took one for a dentist appointment. I think I may have had bad anxiety after that as well, but never contributed it to the valium. If it is that, then damn, I feel bad for people that are reliant on it.

I think for my next dentist appointment, I will try taking 1/4 of the pill instead. That was not fun at all, usually when I feel anxiety I just take some saint john's wort and feel some relief. That is much weaker than valium, so I never feel bad after. I think it is just the chemistry of my brain, I mean I can barely handle marijuana as well as a single puff is enough to send me to the moon and sometimes trigger a nasty anxiety attack.. thus I stay away from the stuff. On the other hand, I'm perfectly fine with alcohol.

But yeah, now I am feeling pretty good.. worried I might run into anxiety attacks again, but none so far. I mowed my yard, and took a walk to the store.. So far three miles walked, I will try to get another mile in later on today, and drink a lot of water due to the humidity out there.. feels more like swimming that walking 🏊‍♀️

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
Feeling very uneasy and uncertain right now especially after the news of the past few days. I honestly do not know what I am going to do.

·
Super Moderator
4,920 Posts
Having a bit of a mental fog. So many things seem to be happening at once. Keep insisting that I'm fine, though. But am I ever really fine? :sigh:

·
Just a bit stitious
5,049 Posts
Another sad Sunday. Wish I cared about football like everyone else in my town does. It would be a nice distraction from current world of misery.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I am full of hormones today and feeling so sad and angry. I plan to stay in bed all day and hate myself for it later.

33781 - 33800 of 33806 Posts